Es scheint so, als wärest Du noch kein Mitglied dieser Community - Schade! Um Dich zu registrieren, klicke bitte hier ...
...bis gleich - und Willkommen in unserer Community!

Willkommen!

Du bist noch nicht registriert? Schade!

Forum und Community

Chevrolet Epica / Chevrolet Malibu

mehr Infos zun den Fahrzeugen findest Du innerhalb der Boards « Chevrolet Epica »

Chevrolet Malibu Boston
____________________Chevrolet Epica

Autor: Gast Thema: Questions regarding the Epica  (Gelesen 8957 mal)

NewCar

• Gast
Questions regarding the Epica
« am: 18. Februar 2012, 21:37:39 »
Hello all,

I hope you will allow me to write this message in english. I'm from The Netherlands (your neighbor) and my german is not evolved enough to make myself understandable in german. I've been reading on this forum and saw that there are many helpful people with a shared love for the Chevrolet Epica. So hopefully you are willing to help me a bit further in my search.

At the moment I'm looking for an occassion and came across the Epica which I really like (haven't test driven it yet). Now I'm not familiar with the car or the known problems. So far I've heard all owners being very pleased with the car. Now I have a few questions which you can hopefully answer for me:

- I'm considering buying an Epica from 2007, since this is within my budget (€9,000). Are there any known issues with this car and year?
- I would like to go for the LPG version since this fuel is the cheapest. Are there any problems to be expected with this?
- I see there are two versions, the 2.0 and the 2.5 (both executive). Are both versions good or is one better than the other?
- I only have experience with manual shifts, but the 2.5 are only in automatic shifts. I'm a bit afraid of broken automatic shifter which costs a lot of money to repair. How are your experiences with these, do they breakdown easily?
- Most cars that are for sale are around 100.000 - 150.000 kilometers. Is this a problem with the car, or are high mileages no problem?
- Could you tell me how the room is in the backseat with a rather tall person in front (around 1m90)?

Thanks so much for your help!

mgrimm2246

• Premium-Mitglieder
  • 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 949
Re: Questions regarding the Epica
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Februar 2012, 12:12:00 »
Hello moder :haha

The 2.0 liter of Epica has easily can deviate almost the same achievement such as the 2.5 liter of Epica, the Austattung.  One must compare that on the basis of the description of the supplier.  I prefer is Automatic however view thing to prefer in the city traffic however.  I went the last 25 years only automatic control mechanism and was always satisfied.  I go the Epica also for October 2011 and am therewith very satisfied.  I also already brought large people and had that ahead as well as behind sufficient place.  To the offers once a link, to be sure German supplier. :yessir

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto/chevrolet.epica.html?scopeId=C&isSearchRequest=true&useCase=MiniSearch&maxPrice=9001&minFirstRegistrationDate=2007-01-01&maxMileage=70000&export=NO_EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&__lp=1&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=5600&makeModelVariant1.modelId=49&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&minPowerAsArray=110&minPowerAsArray=KW&maxPowerAsArray=146&maxPowerAsArray=KW&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

Simply call and look at.  I wish go much good fortune in the search and much joy in that if it out works. :thumbsup 
With kind regards Michael :prost

Sorry, my english isn`t so good, i hope i can help you

« Letzte Änderung: 19. Februar 2012, 12:16:38 von mgrimm2246 »

norman

• 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 115
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Februar 2012, 12:17:34 »
moin,

form 2008 the epica in germany had the EPS. if it iportant for you, you have to look for a 2008/09/10/11.
LPG ist no problem...the BRC-system was bild in by chevrolet. prins or landirenzo are good system, too.
form 2008 in germany the epica had a new 6-speed AT. the cover around the gear selector lever ist completely in silver/aluminium look.
the driver seat is a little bit higher, because the elektric need more space. but you have a lot of space around your head and legs. the people on the back seats, will have no problems at the same time. you have no problems with the the car, but you have allways a lot of space in it.

my advice, 2,5 AT LT with LPG from 2008-2011 under 100.000km. with higher km, you will have the same problems like other cars.

i own a 2,5 AT LT form 2008 with LPG, with standard 17 inch rims, 30mm mad springs.
so i can´t tell you anything about a diesel or a manual shifter. maybe the 2,0 petrol is not so mutch poorer than the 2,5, so it can be a good choice, too.

tschau norman

Inti31

• ハラルドメッサーシュミット
  • Administrator
  • 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 1
  • Meine Galerie:
« Antwort #3 am: 19. Februar 2012, 13:52:22 »
Hi NewCar and welcome to this community.

A lot of things are already said, so here is just a little review which gives you an overview.

ESP is not available in Epicas are build  between 2006 till 03/2008 (year of construction).
I also recommend a LPG-version - be sure to get a garage which has knowledge in converting to LPG - especially in Chevrolet  Epica -
if it is not already built-in.

There are only 2 models available - LT and LS-Version - the first one, LT, is the best equipped version.

I prefer also like mgrimm2246 the automatic  - this one also enabled us to choose manual shifting while driving.

I fully agree with norman - look for a 2008-2011 model  and also have a look  to the German mobile.de webpage -
I guess your budget is good for getting a 2008+ version which have less than 100.000km

cheers Inti31
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Februar 2012, 16:03:12 von Inti31 »
Chevrolet Epica LT 2.5 / 6-Gang AT / EZ 05/2008 / dark denim grey / LPG (BRC P&D)
Kia Carens CRDi 1.7 / 7-Gang DCT / EZ 09/2015 / schwarz

achtdreizehn

• Administrator
  • 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 172
  • Beginne jeden Tag als wäre es Absicht!
    • www.chevroletepica.de
  • Meine Galerie:
« Antwort #4 am: 19. Februar 2012, 14:11:38 »
- I'm considering buying an Epica from 2007, since this is within my budget (€9,000). Are there any known issues with this car and year?
I bought my 2007 LPG Epica 2 month ago with 80000km. Have a little extralook for a rumbling sound on the front axle (some told about in here), window regulators, the pdc. this are known issues.

- I would like to go for the LPG version since this fuel is the cheapest. Are there any problems to be expected with this?
definitely look for the lgp ex factory

- I see there are two versions, the 2.0 and the 2.5 (both executive). Are both versions good or is one better than the other?
in your price range go for the 2.5 lt. ... automatic.. i love it^^

- I only have experience with manual shifts, but the 2.5 are only in automatic shifts. I'm a bit afraid of broken automatic shifter which costs a lot of money to repair. How are your experiences with these, do they breakdown easily?
theres only one reported broken gearbox in here

- Most cars that are for sale are around 100.000 - 150.000 kilometers. Is this a problem with the car, or are high mileages no problem?
im not sure whats the highest km-age in this forum, but in your range youll find an epica <100000km .

- Could you tell me how the room is in the backseat with a rather tall person in front (around 1m90)?
veeery nice. for the middle class cars the epica is generous

..the Austattung...
:haha

Wanderer

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 19. Februar 2012, 14:44:04 »
Hello,

so "newcar" have you already done a decision?

Greetings

Karl_

• Premium-Mitglieder
  • 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 2
  • Ex 2,5 LT mit LPG/ jetzt Skoda Superb 2,0 TDI :D
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Februar 2012, 19:05:48 »
Hi,
one remark with regard to the automatic shift on the writings of Norman:
The first version of the 2,5 automatic shift (up to 2008) is also an 6-gear shift, but the sixth shift is not manually shiftable.
It works like an overdrive.
In the newer version (from 2008) the sixth sift is manually shiftable.
All in all, both version of the 2.5 are excellent and a very soft and comfortable driving is given.

One further important mark: only the automatic of the 2.5 has a tiptronic.

Best regards
Karl
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Februar 2012, 11:22:54 von Karl_ »

NewCar

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Februar 2012, 20:07:33 »
Hello all,

Thanks very much for your very informative replies, they've been very helpful! :).

Unfortunately in The Netherlands we don't have an interesting climate for buying cars. We have the socalled "BPM" which is some sort of tax which have to be paid. If I would import a german car of around €9.000, the extra BPM cost would be around 5000-7000 euro, making the car almost twice as expensive. This makes the cars I can buy limited to cars which are from 2006/2007. But as I can tell everyone is very happy and pleased with the reliability. Good to know!

So next week I will start calling some dealers to see if I can get some testdrives and experience this car for myself :).

Freezer

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Februar 2012, 07:29:50 »
Hi Karl and "newcar"

One further important mark: only the automatic of the 2.5 has a tiptronic. .

Basically Karl described the car and its differences quite perfectly. Nevertheless I'd like to correct him and confirm that the 2.0 (at least) from 2009 onwards, does indeed have a TipTronic as well.
I am curious which kind of model you'll chose!  :hmmh
Keep us updated, alright?

Best regards,

Freezer

Karl_

• Premium-Mitglieder
  • 6-Zylinder
  • Mitglied Nº: 2
  • Ex 2,5 LT mit LPG/ jetzt Skoda Superb 2,0 TDI :D
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Februar 2012, 18:33:13 »
Hi Freezer,
thank you verry much for your correction.

Best regards
Hendrik 

Diese Seite benutzt Cookies. OK